Before this track, Germany had no permanent racing circuit, even though it had a strong tradition in automobile manufacturing. The idea of the track came from a member of the Eifel District Council. He convinced the government to invest in his idea, as this investment would also benefit the region. On the 27th of September 1925, the President of the Rheinland province laid the first foundation stone. The track was designed to test the best of the best. The circuit was 6.7 metres wide, except the start-finish apron which was 20 metres wide.
The photos displayed on this page are the property of one of the following authors:
This travel guide also includes text from Wikitravel articles, all available at View full credits
This travel guide also includes text from Wikipedia articles, all available at View full credits