The palace was built in 1898-1900, in a French Baroque style, for Gheorghe Grigore Cantacuzino, president of the Council of Ministers. Incredible paintings and statues decorate the interior while the façade's dominant entrance, with ample marble steps, is guarded by two stone lions and protected by a shell shaped cover.
The palace was inherited by Cantacuzino's son, Mihai, who left it to his wife Maruca, after his death in 1929. In 1939 she remarried with George Enescu, the famous Romanian musician.
Since 1956, the building became a museum dedicated to George Enescu, showing the musician's personal things, the violin he got as a present when he was only four years old, diplomas and medals he received.
The photos displayed on this page are the property of one of the following authors:
This travel guide also includes text from Wikitravel articles, all available at View full credits
This travel guide also includes text from Wikipedia articles, all available at View full credits