Originally, the castle belonged to Georges de la Trémoïlle and in 1602 it became the property of the Duke of Sully, who added the moat and the park. Today, "Sully's International Music Festival" takes place every year in June, with concerts being held in the grounds of the castle.
The building itself is very picture-book looking, with cylindrical towers, moat, a drawbridge and everything a castle needs. Over the years and especially during the French Revolution, the castle suffered major deterioration, with part of its walls being destroyed. In the 20th century, the castle was purchased by the Department of Loiret, restored and opened to the public in 2007.
Inside the castle you can admire the rooms, with furniture and tapestries of the period, and the paintings.
Around the castle there's a great park, crossed by canals, perfect for a walk after visiting the castle.
The photos displayed on this page are the property of one of the following authors:
This travel guide also includes text from Wikitravel articles, all available at View full credits
This travel guide also includes text from Wikipedia articles, all available at View full credits