In the 16th century it was a hunting lodge, but in 1750, Empress Maria Theresa turned it into a palace. Home to the Hapsburg emperors from the 18th century to 1918, the palace was built by the architects Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach and Nicolaus Pacassi. The palace and gardens illustrate the tastes, interests, and aspirations of successive Habsburg monarchs.
Take the tour of the palace and admire the elegance and the famous ceiling frescoes of the Great Gallery. Another must are the sculpted gardens, which contain, among others, a maze that was created at the beginning of the 18th century. The complex includes many attractions, as the oldest existing zoo, dating from 1752 (Tiergarten), The Hall of Mirrors, where the famous Mozart used to play.
Phone: +43 1 811 13-239
No reviews yet! Be the first to add a review: