The Balmoral estate was bought in 1852 by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, soon after their first visit in Scotland. The original castle was considered to be too small for the Royal Family, so another one was constructed 90 meters north from the original building. The new castle was finished in 1856 and the old one was demolished, being commemorated by a stone located on the front lawn.
Balmoral Castle is visited by 85,000 people each year and hundred thousands visit the estate's open countryside and walk the highland paths.
No reviews yet! Be the first to add a review: